Tuesday 18 March 2008

another great wallpaper idea

Pretty wallpaper collage from Posie Gets Cozy

We've all seen the many uses for wallpaper: walls, cupboards, birdhouses, books, canvases, frames... shall I go on? But yesterday I noticed the door on the house in the below post was also wallpapered. And what a nice way to give a room a pop of colour and pattern without committing a whole wall or wallet full of money! I wondered what else was out there in Google land and found this very cute patchwork-wallpapered door using scraps of various papers bought on Etsy. It's very effective and would work as well with different sized gift wrap or scrapbooking paper. And especially a good way to dress up wardrobe doors which we all know can be a bit boring if there's a whole wall of them, something I need to consider when we get our three-metre-long built-ins built in!

3 comments:

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Hi Belinda,
I LOVE this wallpaper idea...do you have a link you could email me so i could buy some...?
ALSO did you get the print?

Thanks! : )

belinda graham said...

Hey Jennifer! Cute, huh? Just had a little look on etsy and found this lady http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5126751§ion_id=5362736 who sells a few packs. There is also http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10336185 and http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9758424. You could also try collecting a heap of samples of fave wallpapers - most places will have free or next-to-free samples they can send you. I used to have some myself but cannot find them anywhere which is a real bugger cause I wanted to use them too! I did get them from here: www.fabricsandpapers.com - for memory they send up to six largish samples for a few pounds postage. Hope that helps!
Bx
PS: Haven't got my poster yet :( but am sure it won't be too much longer!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Thanks Belinda!
Hey i got your email...so glad you got the ABC Kids poster for Zak. : )

It takes awhile to get to people overseas it seems...

Talk to u soon, cant wait to see it.

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com