Tuesday 7 October 2008

oh my god, the mess!


You can see where the dropsheet ended! There is no stopping this stuff - it's pretty much in all rooms. It can even travel through doors!

My plasterer just left - covered head to toe in a lovely white powder he'd sanded off my walls. Sadly, though, it didn't ALL land on him or his dustsheets and I have this snowy wonderland in my new open-plan living space. And yes, I'm procrastinating by blogging instead of cleaning it up but the babies are asleep and vacuum cleaners are noisy. AND I want to let it settle as much as possible to cut down the number of times I'm going to have to vacuum it. It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but still not going to be much fun.




Look! No more hole! And I just noticed this disaster paint job: the wall, architraves and door are three different colours! Good thing we're redoing!

Happily, my ceiling no longer has a hole in it and the thoughts of imaginary possums falling through are no more. I'm hoping to find a few spare minutes to start painting this week, but I just might be delusional. Fingers crossed I'll have something a little more exciting than dust and holes to show you next time I blog about my house!

No comments: