Wednesday 29 October 2008

calendar event: meet Amy Butler!


Amy Butler travelling stylishly to Aus (oh ok, these are clearly not travel bags but gift bags from her new line, see below)

Queen of the textile and design world, everyone's fave domestic goddess, Amy Butler, is coming to Australia! And if you live in Melbourne or Sydney (or are willing to travel to either city), you can pick her creative brain - in the flesh! Living Creatively, Highland Quiltworks and XLN Fabrics have joined forces to organise two inspiring evenings with Amy in November where her latest designs and publications will be revealed and her cleverness deconstructed.
All the important stuff:
Melbourne: Thursday, November 13 2008 in the Carillon Room from 7pm at the Sofitel Melbourne
Sydney: Thursday, November 20 2008 in the Adelaide Room from 7pm at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth

Want to go? You must book now as places are limited. Tickets are $45 and include drinks and canapés. You can find all the info, plus book online, here at Living Creatively. Shame I live so far away. And have a baby. And am too much of a wuss to leave the baby behind and go. Does anyone have plans to go? Would love to hear all about it if you do. And if any of her genius rubbed off onto you!


Gorgeous wrapping just in time for Christmas

And on the subject of Amy, she's recently released and eco-friendly range of gift wrap, bags and tags as well as an eco line of pretty paper partyware. Giftwrap Green is 100% recycled while the party line is printed with 100% soy ink and can also be reused themselves thanks to a water-soluble coating. The range is so pretty you will seriously never be able to use regular paper plates again. And might even consider replacing your plain white dinnerware with them! Check it all out here at her site.


Have you seen prettier paper partyware? All images from Amy's site

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I just received my new issue of Real Living and wanted to pop over here and tell you how much I loved it. My friend Rosie and I always text each other with page numbers for things we love and I honestly can't pick from this issue - I love it all! I'm counting down now until my kidlets bedtime so I can sit down with it again.

Amanda xx

Porchlight Interiors said...

Wow those plates look stunning! Wish I lived closer as well - would love to meet Amy Butler! Tracey x

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love Amy. Her fabrics are amazing. I'm going to use some of them in my dining room.

Great post. How exciting that people can go and meet her.

I'm not down under so I won't be able to meet her, but I would take a weekend at her home anyday.

Bespoke Letterpress Boutique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bespoke Letterpress Boutique said...

I would have flown all the way from Brisbane to Melbourne just for this event! If only my students weren't about to graduate and I could get the time off... so disappointed!!

BTW love the Real Living Xmas special as well. So lovely to see such gorgeous designs being produced locally. Cant wait to get shopping :)

With so many designers markets happening in the next two months before christmas this could have made a great segment to help readers find more beautiful handmade goods. Just a suggestion?

Mandalin said...

I AM GOING, woo-hoo,
and I just...can't...wait.
Everything she designs is so fresh looking, happy, almost edible.