Wednesday 28 January 2009

this week why don't you...

...download this (well a similar one)...

After buying some stationery from Little Brown Pen last year, I begged them to design something our readers could download for free on the website - they graciously agreed, despite my continuous annoying emails. And now you can download a bright and cheery pinwheel garden stationery set right here. And of course there are a gazillion more gorgeous designs to choose from at their Etsy store, like the dandelions we featured in the March issue (pictured. No image of the pinwheel garden, sorry - looooong story, but it's adorable!). And if you're after a unique Valentine's Day card, look no further than their very cool range. So big, big thanks to Evan and Nichole who have just moved to PARIS. Lucky things.


...high-five this...


Good old Bonds have answered my prayers and designed an organic line. It was only a matter of time, of course, but how cute are these leggings?? I think Miss L might be getting a pair in every colour... Cute tops available too - perfect for upcoming winter, which is ridiculous to even contemplate when the weather forecast for the week starts with a 4 most days... Available from Baby's Got Style



...try this...


Next time you make spaghetti (so, possibly sometime this week, right?!) add about two thirds a cup of tomato sauce to the bolognese mix and a teaspoon of sugar. I use this instead of tomato paste for a slightly runnier, sweeter taste. It's YUMMO and makes my homemade lasagne extra awesome as well.


...buy this...


I realise school has started back already, but if you hadn't got around to all that labelling of the lunchboxes and school bags and books and clothes, go to Bright Star Kids! My friend Lou told me about these the other day and while I'd heard about them I didn't realise they also did wall decals, clothing labels, kitchen labels, bin labels - labels for everything! Lots of yummy colours and too-cute designs to choose from.

...meet this...


Ever seen ecostore in Woollies? I first noticed them while looking to try a new washing powder (my son has eczmea and so everything is a drama!). Then I noticed they did soaps as well and one sniff and I was in love. Seriously the yummiest soap I've ever smelt is their Lemongrass one. Coconut comes a close second... But aside from the delicious smell, they're good for you - no scary ingredients, artificial colours, preservatives or perfumes make them great for sensitive skin. Z loves to open the cupboard and take a big whiff! They've also got a great baby range - I tried the body wash and NO reaction! It's the only one he hasn't had a reaction to and he is a different boy since using their washing powder - eczmea has barely made an appearance, even with the crazy hot weather. I'm hooked. Check out the full range of their products (shampoos, cleansers etc) as well as where you can buy near you (they sell internationally too) on their website.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for harrassing Little Brown Pen but the link for the stationary doesn't seem to be working?

belinda graham said...

hmmm, not sure what happened there - try it now, but if still not getting through, go to www.reallivingmag.com.au and click on the flash image. cheers! x

Unknown said...

I too love ecostore but have become addicted to that Bosistos eucalyptus washing powder ... NOTHING smells better on the laundry (although it could be too strong for a little one with eczema).

KH said...

That is cute...now to get some new ink cartridges for the printer - that would help!

Inklore said...

those labels for kids are fun!

Anonymous said...

Ecostore is bliss! I have weird eczema, sometimes food-allergy related, sometimes chemical related, and I am so happy with the baby body wash and the manuka & sandalwood shampoo. No reactions! I'm glad that you and Z have found some soaps :) I know how hard it can be...

Catherine Peart said...

The link isn't working for me either unfortunately. Looking forward to having a look around your site!

belinda graham said...

Hey Catherine - the link worked for me, so not sure why it's not for you. but maybe try copying and pasting this: http://realliving.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?ID=720140. hope it works!