Monday 19 May 2008

Zak's room (again!)

Zak's own art (so creative) and the wooden deer head he thinks is a dog from Hart & Heim, $29.95

I've lost count of the number of times I've posted Zak's room, but anyway... After the carpet got put in I couldn't handle the fact the wall colour didn't go with it. So stupid, I know - it was still a neutral! - but anyway I decided to repaint it white. Steve's eyes are still rolling around somewhere after rolling from his head after I told him what I planned to do. And then of course, I had to do a few new things. Nothing major, but here it is at the moment. This has to last at least six months when it will no doubt change again once Zak and the baby have to share a room!

From the doorway

The reading nook

Storage solutions. No, the flashcards don't stay put for long...

Reading nook and toy box

No more "Once upon a time". Besides the fact he could reach pretty much everything on the wall now and would pull it off, the colour didn't go so I changed it completely. A little barer, but... I might paint the Z turquoise.

Teeny tiny table and chairs. I bought a cheapie wardrobe and dressed it up a little with cotton wrapped around the doors and little pics and things pegged to it.

So, there we go. Wardrobes come tomorrow, but I have to work so won't get to start assembling them until the evening... I will be a happy girl once they're up and stocked full of clothes and I can start reclaiming the rest of my house from all the suitcases and boxes of clothes and endless coat hangers that are lying around everywhere!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I love it! Although I can't remember what color it was before. I'm just a sucker for all the animal print in chocolate and white. Definitely paint the "Z" - that will really stand out. It looks like such a cool space!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

ADORABLE!!!

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

I'm on baby-watch, now, Belinda! Do keep us informed as to when the little one arrives!!

belinda graham said...

Thanks guys! No baby yet - will def let you all know though. I'll be a proud mum so you won't be able to escape the news and pics!! x