Monday 2 February 2009

bye bye hideous kitchen


Oh the memories....

It's finally happening, people. THIS WEEK. Am so very excited. Builder starts on Wednesday to start ripping out the old one. This is how it looked the first week we moved in. We had all our stuff crammed in the bedrooms and former garage while we attacked the walls removing all the lovely mismatched wood panelling and scraping all the CRAP some genius thought would look great sprayed on the ceiling. There it is all over the floor, which is shame because it's hiding the delightful multi-coloured, animal-hair-covered carpet, which was actually better than what we discovered under the carpet... Once I've finished emptying the kitchen I'll take another pic of how it looks today. I'm afraid to say, it's actually worse: one of the doors recently fell off, the cold tap is no more and we changed the wall cabinet handles over years ago but never bothered to patch up the marks left from the old ones because "we're doing the kitchen soon..."

So soon has arrived. I'm going to start the new blog to coincide with this reno. I've called it The Happy Home because that's what it'll be with a new kitchen. Hopefully. So I'll redirect you when it's time - so far I've been blindly finding my way around Wordpress. Doesn't help that when I finally work something out my computer crashes and I have to start all over again. Am a little over technology... Have a good week. x

11 comments:

Lee said...

Congrats! You're nearly there. I'm sure the finished result will be worth all the hard work. I can remember when my kitchen reno finished, I found that I developed a new-found love of cooking. After all, in my old kitchen I found it hard to get motivated to cook something delicious on benchtops which were covered in the most hideous vinyl tiles. I kid you not!! Can't wait to see your gorgeous new kitchen.

lisa :: the red thread said...

Exciting times Belinda! I'm looking forward to seeing your new kitchen... and new blog. Oh and I love your recent hair change - for what it's worht I agree with others that you would suit it even darker. (I'm just catching up on some blog reading, hence the late comment about your hair).

Kerry said...

Can't wait to see the reno blog! I know my mantra is 'it has to get worse before it can get better'. A new kitchen is very exciting. Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Good luck ... it will be great when it's all O.V.E.R.

Alannah Rose said...

how exciting! there's nothing better than reaching that 'soon' day when renovating. My next 'soon' will be when I manage to get my husband back indoors after summer to finish the painting 'soon'. Two years in, three years to go in a five year project! xx
Look forward to seeing the new kitchen.

Ninka said...

Yee-ha! You are a goddess for renovating a kitchen while looking after 2 little ones, I bow down to you. Can't wait to see the finished product with you sitting at the table enjoying a well deserved G&T!

 Viv said...

YAY! I'm excited for you. Looking forward to seeing your new blog too. Let me know if you find Wordpress easier/better to use. I'm considering switching over but I've just spruced up my blog and I'd hate to start all over again too soon.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Viv xx

Anonymous said...

Wowee I am really excited for you - my kitchen dreams have been spurred on again too so thanks!

Danielle said...

How exciting. Our kitchen reno was suppose to be so smooth but was an absolute nightmare. I hope it all goes smoothly for you, can't wait to see the finished result. you have such a great space to work with.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love watching renos... from afar. I'm sure it will be hard work with brilliant results. Good luck!

Can't wait to see the new blog!!!

belinda graham said...

oh phwoar - the pressure. Hope the kitchen lives up to expectations! but as you can see, anything is going to be an improvement! Oh and blog will be less about pretty pics and great buys, and more about my place, my family and stuff we do here - creating and living in a home - so hope you guys still find it interesting enough to pop by and say hi occasionally!